Weekly Roundup – October 11, 2009
- Jacques Derrida’s The Beast and the Sovereign, Vol. I is now in stock.
- Jonathan Safran Foer’s has taken a interesting detour in his fiction, to produce this nonfiction work Eating Animals. Set to come out this November.
Blogs and Newspapers
- US v. Stevens, the Supreme Court case dealing with selling videos of animal cruelty, had oral arguments this last week. This blog post rounds up some of the major newspaper coverage of the case, this blog post has links to the oral arguments and an amicus brief by animal law professors, and Scu covers some of the larger legal issues in this post, and covers some of the interesting turns in oral arguments in this post.
- This New York Times article traces the path of a recent e. coli outbreak. In so doing, it also provides an in-depth look at the current productions of ground beef and hamburgers.
- More, a video analysis of Ardi from Science, and the original issue of Science on Ardi.
- Katie Hance on clarifying the relation between animal rights, vegetarianism, and veganism at Animalblawg.