Weekly Roundup – November 8th, 2009
Conferences and Fellowships
- The Animal and Society Institute has announced the information needed to apply for their 2010 summer Fellowships.
- Conference: “Real” Animals and the Humanities, Texas, February 17-19, 2010. Featuring Marc Bekoff, Carol Adams, and Paul Waldau. More information here and here.
Blogs and Newspapers
- The Book Forum blog has a great post bringing together a lot of information of agriculture and food.
- Jonathan Safran Foer continues to dominate and produce animal related discussions. He has an article, Jonathan Swift-style, in the Wall Street Journal which ‘advocates’ eating dogs. He also has interviews in both the LA Times and Salon.com.
- The New York Times carried an article on whether dogs were smarter than we originally assumed (answer: Yes. That seems to always be the answer is such stories).