Weekly Roundup – November 15th, 2009
- The Speculative Heresy/Inhumanities Event has extended our deadline for accepting submissions for the event until November 22nd. Thanks to everyone who has gotten us something, for the rest of you, get cracking!
- PIC is hosting its 20th annual conference, April 16-17 on Life: Politics, Resistance, & Beyond. Papers exploring these questions through a non-anthropocentric viewpoint are particularly welcome.
Newspapers and Articles
- Sarah Palin goes after vegetarians in her new book, Going Rogue.
- First Things carries an article arguing for a necessary connection between being Pro-Life and pro-animal.
- The Onion explores becoming-animal.
- Animal Blawg floats the idea that US v Stevens, the US Supreme Court case about depicting animal cruelty for commercial gain, might be used against animal rights groups if the Court affirms the law.
- Over at Posthumanities Rodolfo posts a paper arguing that we can find the traces of early modern humanism in Shakespeare’s The Tempest.