Weekly Roundup – November 22, 2009
- The Speculative Animals event begins tomorrow, make sure to check out the first post over at Speculative Heresy. We’re going to keep a rolling acceptance of responses going on, so please drop us an email with your response over the next week if you want to.
- While I had made a promise to myself not to keep posting links about or to Foer’s work, not because it is bad but because there is so much, this Washington Post on-line discussion provides something slightly different.
- Gary Steiner has an op-ed over at the NYTimes entitled “Animal, Vegetable, Miserable” arguing for ethical animal abolitionism. (h/t Pensum).
- The NYTimes also carried this article, “Mau-Mauing the Flesh Eaters“, covering the rise of books aimed at discussing the way animals are treated, and our ethical relationship towards animals
- With US Thanksgiving coming up this Thursday I thought it might be interesting to link to this short 2003 work by Magnus Fiskesjö: The Thanksgiving Turkey Pardon, the Death of Teddy’s Bear, and the Sovereign Exception of Guantanamo (.pdf)