Weekly Round up, Feb. 21st, 2010
- TPC has a list of several upcoming animal conferences. I’ll just link to them rather than repeating them all here.
- Call for the Nomination of 2010 Critical Animal Studies Awards.
- JCAS special issues on Women of Color in Critical Animal Studies
Blogs, Newspapers and Journals
- A Philosophy Carnival of Blogs about animals, over at The Living Color.
- The NY Times has an article on bio-engineering animals to feel less pain. Several Responses: Martin, Kazez, Ernst.
- From the most recent issue of Sociology, “Animal Shelter Emotion Management: A Case of In Situ Hegemonic Resistance?” by Nik Taylor and a review of Bob Torres’s Making a Killing: The Political Economy of Animal Rights by Roger Yates; from The Canadian Journal of Sociology, “Beyond Pets: Exploring Relation Perspectives of Petness” by Jen Wrye.